In the previous post, I have written about purchasing domain and web hosting from BigRock. Now lets see how to install WordPress on the server which you have purchased. And note that, I am using BigRock’s hosting as an example. But you can follow this for almost every other host.
Once you purchase linux hosting with a new domain, your account will be setup in 24 hours. Once its done, just login to your hosting account.
After logging in, click on the domain name of the product named Web Services. Now scroll down to the Web Hosting part and click on Manage Web Hosting. This will open up the Control Panel (cPanel).
In Softaculous app installer, click on WordPress. You’ll be taken to the installation page. Click on install button and now you’ll be asked to enter the details of the installation.
Installing WordPress Using Softaculous Installer
- Choose the Protocol as HTTP.
- Choose domain as your Domain Name. (I have chosen codefap.com)
- Leave the ‘In Directory‘ empty, so the installation will be in the root folder (domain.com) instead of sub folder (domain.com/wordpress).
- Leave the Database name and table prefix as it is.
- Just go ahead and enter the site name and description.
- Enter the admin username, password and email address. This will be the user account which you can use to administrate the blog. Basically this is blog owner’s account.
- Once WordPress is installed you can simply goto yourdomain.com/wp-admin and login using the username and password which you have set previously.
- That’s it. You are now ready to go.
Note that, If your host does not support an online installer then you will need to upload the WordPress package using an FTP Client. I’ll talk about that in the next post.