The most easiest way to screenshot a desktop without any software or tool is just by using the PrntScr button on the keyboard. Most people wonder what does the PrntScr button do? It seems useless. But its actually very helpful (especially for bloggers).
Now if you are familiar with PrntScr then skip this point and go down to read some extra tips which you might not know.
How to Screenshot using PrntScr Button
- If you want to screenshot the entire desktop, then just hit PrntScr Button.
- Now open Paint.
- Once paint is open, Just go in Edit > Paste. OR press CTRL + V.
- Now save this image on your computer.
- And that’s it, you have a screenshot of your desktop.
Some Extra tips
1) Hold the Alt key down while pressing Print Screen to capture only the active window. For example, if your active window is Google Chrome then only Google chrome will be captured in the screenshot and not the entire desktop.
2) If you are using Vista, 7 or Windows 8. Then you can simply use the snip tool. It is very useful tool and gets the work done in a few seconds. To access snip tool, just press windows key and type Snip.