If anything goes wrong with your computer or with an application on your computer then system restore can help you out. In the previous article i wrote about how to create a restore point in Windows 7. Now lets see how to perform a system restore !
- Open start menu
- Type system restore and hit enter. Or just type rstrui and hit enter.
- The wizard will begin and will ask you to choose a restore point.
- You can either choose the recommended restore point or select manually.
- Once do that just click next.
- It will ask you to confirm your selection.
- Click next. And the restore process will begin.
- Your computer will restart once or several times during the restoration.
- Once its done. It will display whether the restoration was successful or not.
If the restoration fails, you can try it again with a different restore point.
I would recommend you to start the system restore in windows safe mode. In safe mode you have a better chance of successful restoration. To go in safe mode, just keep hitting F8 on your keyboard during the system boot.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. Thanks.