How to check if windows is activated Permanently?

This is going to be a very short post, but quite useful one.

If this doesn’t work, please check the comments for more information.

And if you still don’t get it, you can leave a comment. I will respond as soon as possible.

If you are using Windows XP, Click here to know your Activation Status.

Now to check if your windows is activated permanently or on a temporary basis, follow the instructions given below:

• 1) Open Command Prompt.

If you know how to open command prompt then move to step no 2.

In Windows XP: Goto Start menu > Open Run > Type cmd > Hit enter.

In Windows 7 and 8: Goto start > Type cmd > Hit enter.

• 2) Now enter the following command in the command prompt,

slmgr/xpr

• And wait for a second
  • Then a dialog box will appear which will tell you the status of your windows activation.

I hope this post was helpful to you guys. And if you like this post, please subscribe to the blog feed. Also if you have any questions or doubts feel free to comment below.

You may also like to read:

1. Whats new in Windows 8 Professional ?
  2. The astounding features of Windows 8

26 Comments

• Ranjit

I m using winsdows8 pro.

while Checking my activation using ‘slmgr/xpr’… is showing error in my command prompt….

• Omkar Bhagat

It should work in Windows 8 Pro. You can see the images in the article. It says Windows Professional.
          I am not sure why it isn’t working with your PC.
          I tried to put slmgr/xpr in ‘Run’ box. And it says,
          ‘Cannot find slmgr/xpr’
          But when i try to put it in Command Prompt. It works perfectly.

I have upgraded Windows 8 Pro to Windows 8 Pro + Media Center. So now my activation status says: Windows Professional WMC is Permanently Activated.

1. arjun

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>slmgr/xpr

‘slmgr’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

C:Documents and SettingsAdministrator>cd..

C:Documents and Settings>cd..

C:>cd..

C:>slmgr/xpr

‘slmgr’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

m using xp..

2. Kent darryl

hey…I tried this and it says ‘the machine is permanently activated’ but its only written in the cmd screen not like yours, the image posted above. It popped up…

3. ulisse

hi, thanks for it. when i enter his command, slmgr /xpr, it shows the exactly same window saying that it’s permanently activated. however, here “Control PanelAll Control Panel ItemsSystem”, it still says “windows is not activated”. please guide me.

regards,

• Omkar Bhagat

@382ef69f848e4246a71987ef46b21210:disqus Hello ulisse, That issue is surprisingly odd. Which Operating System are you using? And is it a genuine copy or pirated? If its a pirated copy, i guess it must be cracked copy. And that is why you can see its activated message in cmd prompt.

• ulisse

thanks omkar, i installed windows 8 enterprise 64bit by “Windows 8 AIO 16 in 1 RTM (MSDN Original) [ThumperDC].iso”. i tried many activator tools. i’m worried that many tools made this system messed up

4. Masroor Aijaz

Thanks for It. I have activated my Windows 8 Enterprise edition using Windows 8 Activator 2013. I checked if it activated my Windows 8 using your tip and yes My windows is activated. I didn’t use any type of activation helper from KMS. I used Windows 8 Activator 2013 it activated my Windows in just simple steps. For all of the guys if you Want to activate your Windows 8 then use this Software. It 100% works I have tried it myself. http://jameshackz4life.blogspot.com/2013/03/windows-8-activator-2013.html

5. The Art Blogger

I am looking for away to get this info through a command line that does not open a window. I am writing automation code.

• The Art Blogger

I actual just figured it 🙂
        Here is what I have to do. This send the info to a text file that I can read rather than a window popping up.
        cscript C:WindowsSystem32slmgr.vbs -xpr > something.txt

Thanks for the reply.
        Kind Regards
        Mike

6. nicky

i have done as u said but cmd pops up my windows will expire on 21/07/2013……if its so pls guide me where can i find full version of in 8 64 bit enterprise edition full version…..