Its a very common thing that everyone wants to keep their data secret. Nobody will want to share there private data or their very important documents. Now a days people use third party applications which helps you to hide your data, but that hidden data can be found out very easily. For example, If you are using a folder lock software to hide your data. This folder lock software will just protect you as long as it is installed into your system. Once this software is uninstalled, your files are no longer hidden.
But there are some great software’s which encrypt your data, that is, break your data into pieces and hide it. Thus even if someone uninstalls the software, your data is still encrypted/hidden from them.
This post will help you to hide your data without using any software. All you have to do is use a simple script. Note that this does not conceal your data from somebody who knows what they are doing.
Follow the following steps in the correct order as given ::-
1) Make a new folder anywhere on your hard drive.
2) Inside that folder make a new text document file
and copy the whole text in that file as given below :
title Folder Private
if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK
if %cho%==y goto LOCK
if %cho%==n goto END
if %cho%==N goto END
echo Invalid choice.
ren Private "HTG Locker"
attrib +h +s "HTG Locker"
echo Folder locked
echo Enter password to unlock folder
if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD_HERE goto FAIL
attrib -h -s "HTG Locker"
ren "HTG Locker" Private
echo Folder Unlocked successfully
echo Invalid password
echo Private created successfully
Setting the Password
After copying this short code, search for the string ‘PASSWORD_HERE‘ and replace that with any password that you want to set. For eg. If you want to set password as 123456789 then edit line no 23 as shown below :
[code] if NOT %pass% == 123456789 goto FAIL [/code]
3) After that go to save as & name this file as locker.bat
( .bat should be the extension of that file. Bat means windows batch file.)
4) Double click on that, a new folder named PRIVATE will be automatically created in the same folder.
5) Now copy all the data that you want to protect into that private folder.
Locking your Folder
6) After copying double click on the locker.bat again.
7) A command window will open saying: Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N)?
8) Press Y (Yes) and Press Enter. Now your private folder will disappear.
Unlocking your Folder
9) Now if you want to UNLOCK that folder then again double click on locker.bat > type your password > Hit enter > then you will see your folder again.
10) That’s it. You are done now.
It not only hides the folder, but if you try opening it without entering the password, it will take you to the control panel…Also, if you want to store files on your Pen-Drive, you can use this script. No Software Required.
In case you delete your Locker file, then you can make a new one (but with the same password) and open your private folder by using this new file. Alternatively, you can keep this locker file somewhere else, and when you want to open your folder, only then bring it back to that place .. As simple as that.